Phone: 518 - 854-7600 x124
Degrees and Certifications:
BSE Physical Education - SUNY Cortland MS Curriculum & Instruction SUNY Plattsburg
Have been teaching physical education at Salem and Washington Academy for 30 years.
OVERVIEW: GRADES K-2
Kindergerten through grade 2 will have physical education THREE times per week.
- BOURGEOUS: TUESDAY (11:45-12:15), WEDNESDAY (1:15-1:45), FRIDAY (11:45-12:15)
- KEENAN: MONDAY (11:45-12:15), WEDNESDAY (11:45-12:15), THURSDAY (11:45-12:45)
- FIRST GRADE
- GREENE: WEDNESDAY (12:15-12:45), THURSDAY (9:15-9:45), FRIDAY (12:15-12:45)
- KEYS: MONDAY (12:15-12:45), TUESDAY (12:45-1:15), FRIDAY (12:45-1:15)
- SLEASMAN: MONDAY (12:45-1:15), WEDNESDAY (12:45-1:15), THURSDAY (12:45-1:15)
- SECOND GRADE
- RIDLER: TUESDAY (1:15-1:45), WEDNESDAY (1:45-2:15), FRIDAY (1:45-2:15)
- STALTER: MONDAY (1:15-1:45)., THURSDAY (1:15-1:45), FRIDAY (1:15-1:45)
CURRICULUM: The curriculum will focus on the building body and space awareness which will be devloped through locomotor and non-locomotor activities. Through these experiences students will identify how movement effects the mind and body.
- CLOTHING: Students should wear clothing that allows for free and easy movement. Students wearing dresses should wear shorts underneath. SNEAKERS (preferrably ones that tighten with laces or straps) are the ONLY footware that allows for safe participation. Students are asked not to wear jewelry during class as it can injury to self or others.
- EFFORT: Students are expected to give their best effort in all activities.
- BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to be respectful of others at all times.
OVERVIEW: GRADES 3-6
Grades 3 - 6 have physical education only TWO times per week.
- THIRD GRADE
- BENTLEY: MONDAY (10:15-10:45), THURSDAY (10:15-10:45)
- PARKER: WEDNESDAY (10:15-10:45), THURSDAY (11:15-11:45)
- TALMADGE: MONDAY (11:15-11:45), TUESDAY (8:45-9:15)
- FOURTH GRADE
- ROGERS: TUESDAY (9:15-9:45), FRIDAY (8:45-9:15)
- SKELLY: WEDNESDAY (9:15-9:45), FRIDAY (9:15-9:45)
- FIFTH GRADE
- LEBLANC: MONDAY (8:45-9:15), THURSDAY (8:45-9:15)
- MERRYMAN: MONDAY (9:15-9:45), WEDNESDAY (8:45-9:15)
- SIXTH GRADE
- FLINT: TUESDAY (9:45-10:15), FRIDAY, 9:45-10:15)
- FROLISH: TUESDAY (1:45-2:15), THURSDAY (9:45-10:15)
- WASHBURN: MONDAY (9:45-10:15), WEDNESDAY (9:45-10:15)